The Nye Museum is located at the historic homestead of Benjamin Nye and Katherine Tupper—two English-born immigrants who helped settle the Town of Sandwich in 1637. In 1678, the couple became pioneers once again when they established the family homestead in East Sandwich at the present-day location of the Nye Museum. We are dedicated to preserving and maintaining the historic buildings and grounds that Benjamin, Katherine, and their descendants built and developed.
In order to ensure the integrity of this slice of our national heritage, the Nye Museum employs professional historians, an archaeologist, and other museum personnel in year-round capacities.
Nye Museum opens to the public.
Restoration of pool, fish ladder, and meadow.
Small Chamber (Borning) Room repair.
Mill flume archaeology dig.
Museum acquires neck adjacent to Nye Pond.
Joseph Nye Parlor Restoration of sills, floor joists, and floor. Archaeological survey.
Restoration of mill into Nye Mill Museum.