The Benjamin Nye Homestead
The Nye Homestead was the second Sandwich home of English settlers Benjamin and Katherine Nye, constructed in 1678 near the mill and pond Benjamin had built in the 1660s. Seven generations of Nyes lived here until 1910. After a period of ownership by the Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, the Nye Family Association acquired the Homestead in 1962, and opened it as a museum in 1972. The structure has seen many alterations since its original construction as a ‘salt box”. Today, its rooms are restored to 18th and 19th century appearance, and furnished with many interesting antiques.
Admission & Hours
Admission includes access to all museum exhibits. Access to the grounds is free of charge year-round.
June 17-October 14
DUE TO HURRICANE LEE, THE MUSEUM WILL BE CLOSED SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th!
MUSEUM HOURS (SEASONAL)
Kids, Members, Military FREE