The Nye Mill Museum is a restored water mill building which sits on the site of Benjamin Nye’s 17th century grist mill. It was built in Centerville, 8 miles away, in 1858 by Oliver Jones, with machinery for a grinding grain, sawing logs, and woodworking.
When moved here in 1889 by the East Sandwich Grange, it operated as a grist mill, then, a jewelry and electroplating factory, then as a workshop for the state trout hatchery until 1990.
In 2002 it was rescued from collapse by the Nye Family Association, who was able to acquire it in 2009. It was opened as a museum featuring water mill exhibits in 2019.
Admission & Hours
Admission includes access to all museum exhibits. Access to the grounds is free of charge year-round.
The Museum is closed for the season. It will reopen in June 2023. The Grange Hall is open for events.
MUSEUM HOURS (SEASONAL)
Kids, Members, Military FREE